Features of feeding a Persian cat that the owner needs to know
Food preferences for each cat are individual. The responsible owner is simply obliged to examine all his “whims” in food. The only distinguishing feature of all Persians is the manifestation of a rebellious character, if the food is not pleasant. And the cat will starve until the owner of the first surrenders.
Nutrition features of Persian cats:
• The most important thing to remember is that dry food should not be given along with natural products. Many owners know about this rule, but still boldly mix food for their ward. How is it dangerous for a Persian cat?
To assimilate dry food and a natural product in the stomach, completely different enzymes are produced in the body, and a different acidic environment is created. When mixed with a cat, there is at first a slight breakdown of the digestive system with subsequent complications, and there is also an undesirable load on the liver.
• The best option for keeping the cat healthy is to pick a good, quality, dry food and try to feed only with this brand throughout its life. After all, high-quality dry food, balanced, and have in their composition all the necessary and useful substances so necessary for the normal functioning of the Persian cat.
If the usual feed is removed from production, then you must carefully and carefully transfer the cat to another brand of food. How to do it right? First of all, make it a rule not to postpone the purchase of new feed packaging for the last day. As soon as you start a new package, immediately buy the next one. So you can always know for sure if the usual brand of dry food is on sale for your cat.
If for any reason this brand of dry food is no longer supplied or discontinued. Then you will have enough time in stock to pick up a new brand of food for your cat and to accustom him to it.
• It is necessary to gradually teach the new brand of dry food to a Persian cat painlessly. First, add one teaspoon of new food to your regular serving. Gradually increase the proportions of the new, reducing the amount of the old brand of feed.
• The characteristics of feeding a Persian cat with canned food are no different from the characteristics of feeding with dry food. The most important is the brand of food, both dry and canned. It is important that the food be high class, which has established itself in the feed market.
• It is necessary to change the drinking water once a day, after having washed the cup. The presence of drinking water is necessary when using all dry food.
• The master of a Persian cat needs to know that this breed is prone to overeating. The consequences, which are very sad, are the appearance of shortness of breath, obesity and a violation of the proper metabolism in the body.
• A Persian cat is also susceptible to the development of blindness if there is no such essential amino acid substance as taurine in its diet. The presence of taurine is mandatory in all feeds of industrial production. Therefore, try to buy food for Persian in specialized stores of famous brands.
For your care and attention, you can receive love and joy from your pet!